August 27, 2009

About

Who are you?
I'm Najela (pronounced Nigh like night, Jel like Jello, Uh like Uh with the emphasis on the first syllable) and I'm super senior at a college in Southern California majoring in Psychology and most recently, Creative Writing. I enjoy writing, reading, knitting, daydreaming, and watching television. I have no idea what I want to do after college, that's why I took an extra year to pursue something I really enjoy.

Why did you start this blog? 
I originally had several blogs to keep track of things that I did. I had one blog for strictly book reviews, one that detailed the different graduate programs that I would be attending, a general blog, and a blog for my now defunct web fiction (but on hiatus novel) It's All Relative. It was getting a little confusing trying to keep track of everything, so I combined them all into one.

Is this a book blog?
I hope to turn it into a book and writing zone. I graduate from college in three months (eek!) so hopefully I can dedicate more time to writing and reviewing books before grad school. 

What kinds of books do you like to read? 
I like to read anything that catches my fancy. I read anything from contemporary to fantasy, from YA to Adult and anything that just looks interesting. I'm looking for stories with fresh perspectives and new takes on old ideas. For the purposes of the blog, I'm going to focus more on YA, but other books may crop up from time to time, though I'm not sure I'm going to review them.

Why don't you rate the books you read?
For me, ratings don't mean much. I hope my reviews speak for themselves.

What is the 101 in 1001? 
101 in 1001 is a series of goals to accomplish in a few years. You choose a goal and you accomplish it. There are some pretty outlandish things on mine that I might not do (like skydiving, I have no idea why it's there.) and there are simple goals like getting a new camera. I hope to accomplish these goals. I have until September 2011 to get it done and create a whole new list after that.

Any more questions send them to: ncobb001 at gmail dot com
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails