August 18, 2009

Thorn by Amy Mebberson

Thorn by Amy Mebberson
Summary: Rosie is a bratty and spoiled kindergarten with a dream to dominant the world. She goes around collecting friends (minions) and terrorizing her sister(nemesis).
Likes: This comic was constantly on my RSS feed and I loved to read what Rosie and her friends got into. The story is set in the 1950's and the artwork and the clothes reflect that. There are references to Charlie Brown and other characters from comics in the 50's. The artwork is cute, distinct, and very well done. The story arcs were life lessons for Rosie and Edie, but the lessons were heavy-handed and were often witty. There many laugh out loud moments in this sweet little comic.
Dislikes: I'm not one for bratty little kids. Edie was my favorite character.
Overall: I was really sad when this comic ended, but it was still a fun year and a half since I started reading the comic. The author is very talented and has already had a few comics published by TokyoPop and is working on a Finding Nemo project which is the reason for the abrupt ending of Thorn.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails