July 10, 2010

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life By Bryan Lee O'Malley

Date Started: July 10, 2010
Date Finished: July 10, 2010

Summary: Scott is a 23 lazy slacker dating a 17 year old high schooler, Knives Chau. He's living with his gay friend Wallace and he's in the band Sex-Bob-Omb. He's been dreaming of a beautiful girl whom he learns is Ramona Flowers. After awkwardly asking her on a date, they begin to date(it was really that simple). Unfortunately for Scott, he has to defeat Ramonda's seven ex boyfriends. Can he do it for the girl he loves? Wait, doesn't her already have a girlfriend?

Likes: It's a quick read. It's a ridiculous stupid and silly story, but it's a fun read. Scott is the stereotypical slacker in a band and his misadventures are fun to read. He reminds me of my friends in college and trying to navigate our way though our lives and relationships. At least we don't have to fight exes and whatnot. Things happen quite fast, it's a little insane, but it's good.

Dislikes: I'm not sure about time line, but things happened really fast. It felt like this happened over a span of days not weeks.

Overall: I can't wait to read the rest of the series. The artwork is simple but oddly complex in a way that can't really be imitated. Despite how "cartoon-y" it looked, I thought the artwork was dynamic and the cover

Recommended by: Okay, the movie is coming out and someone had a Scott Pilgrim avatar on their facebook and I fell in love with the simple artwork. Then today, while goofing off on the internet, I watched several trailers for the movie and thought this movie would be so ridiculous. I could wait to get the graphic novel so I went out and bought it. I'm probably going to collect this series. I can't wait to see the movie.

Acquired: Borders.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails