January 1, 2009

101 Things Win!

5. Get a medical internship during the summer. (March 14, 2009)
I signed up for Clinical Care Extender a week before Spring Break because I didn't think I get the job at Playful beginnings. I tried to do both at the same time, but in the end I couldn't keep up with school, work, and the internship. I'm glad that I stopped because Mad Science called me back saying that they got work for the fall quarter. I'll start CCE next year in January. I enjoyed the internship, but it was all the rules and bureaucracy made it a pain in the ass to work.

17. Get a job during the summer.(May 2009)
Speaking of a job, I got a job working at Playful Beginnings. Playful Beginnings is a program designed to help children that have disorders on the autism spectrum. So far it's a flexible and fun job. The kids I work with are adorable and I can see the improvement with the main child I've been working with. She's come a long way with her signing and developing her language skills. It's a really rewarding job and it pays better than most jobs.

20. Get an apartment/buy a house for the summer/next year.(May 3, 2009)
I'm staying in Sterling University Palm Housing. It's not exactly a "real" apartment, but so far it's a step up from Glen Mor. More on this later.

25. Research 3 graduate schools a week (during the weekends) (June 2009)
I've narrowed it down to Azusa Pacific, Cal Baptist University, and Loma Linda Unversity. I want to go into pediatric mental health to help with children with mental health issues. I would also like to go to underprivliged areas and go there. We always seems to leave out mental health when it comes to healthcare.

34. Win a writing competition (scholarships count)
Affiliates of UCR Scholarship $1500(May 11, 2009)
Desert Valley Foundation Scholarship $4000 (August 23, 2009)

59. Change major to Psychology. (June 4, 2009)
I changed my major to psychology and I can still take neuroscience classes because they are crosslisted. Someone somewhere down the line should have told me this.

14. Volunteer two hours a week.
I'm signing up to volunteer at the UCR extension center because as a volunteer you get to take complimentary classes. Now, I don't know if this means that I get to choose the classes I want or if I have to take certain classes that are open. I want to take Introduction to Getting Published($105), Available Light Photography Workshop ($145), and Understanding and Meeting the Needs of Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder($395). I know this is kinda of a shady way to get into classes, but most of these classes are on Saturdays or on days where I'm not working. At least I'll be doing something good by helping people sign up for classes and hopefully I'll be able to take some classes in the process.

54. Get ears repierced and another piercing.
A couple days before vacation this year, I got my ears repierced and got another hole (in each ear). I have four piercings now (2 in each ear) and plan on getting another one for my 21st birthday. I have space for one more on my earlobe and we'll see about getting the cartilage. I don't want to go overboard because I do need a full time job at some point.

25. Research 3 Graduate Schools a Week.
This is a bit over done because by the end whenever, I'll have a bunch of schools and nowhere to go. My top three list is always changing as I look at the different programs but so far my top five are Azusa Pacific, University of Rochester, Loma Linda, Cal Baptist, and University of California, San Francisco. My ultimate goal would to go to Azusa Pacific, I'm not sure why, I just feel strong about it.(the same way I did about UC Riverside).

38. Meet a Nationally Known Author. (October 22, 2009)
Maya Angelou came to UC Riverside October 22, 2009 and I took my mom to see her for the second part of her birthday. Here are some notes from her speech.
   Education is an ongoing process.
   It's one thing to go to college, but what will you do with your education? Do you have
   the courage to go above and beyond? A human being has the ability for anything and
   everything. We wouldn't be here without the rainbows in our lives. Modesty is something
   you learn,but being humble is something that comes with growing up.
   Be a rainbow in someone else's life.

74. Get a new Hairstyle (November 1, 2009)
I got a weave. I know with that whole good hair thing going around it's probably a bad thing to be wearing a weave (I actually haven't seen the movie "Good Hair" yet). I got a weave because I'm too scared to cut my actually hair. I got a bob cut with a streak of purple. It looks cute, even if I'm not exactly used to having my hair this way. I actually might get an asymmetrical bob next time I get my hair done. Short in the back a bit long in the front with the purple. I like it though, it makes me look my age. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails