August 18, 2009

Dead End Streets

Dead End Streets By Alien Eeter

Summary: The story follows a group of magical creatures, mainly Succubi/Incubi, Vampires, Werewolves, and Humans, in their senior year of high school. They deal with love, life, and learning how to accept themselves as they prepare themselves of the future or realize that they may not have a feature because of their heritage or condition.

Likes: Many stories of this type have the subject of racism and all those types of themes in them. It’s interesting to see how different authors deal with these subjects in their stories and incorporate these themes into their respective story. With this story, it is reminiscent of other stories, but yet has it’s own distinct style and characters. The characters are distinct and have interesting voices that flow almost seamlessly as the author alternates between points of view. I like all the characters equally, so I’m not exactly sure who I’m routing for. There are so many storylines and subplots going on, I’m not sure what I’m routing for, but I’m definitely interested enough to find out.

Dislikes: There are certain parts of the story where the theme of racism is a laid on a little bit too thick to the point it’s almost preachy. At least in my opinion. It doesn’t detract from the story, but rather adds to the bluntness of the world and its characters. There are also a lot of typos, but it's nothing that prevents the story from being understood and read clearly.

Overall: I was a little wary of a story with vampires and stories relating to them. As far as as most school stories with supernatural creatures are concerned, this is one of the better ones that I’ve read. I find the author’s effort in writing an engaging story commendable.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails