My goals were:
- Finding a focus
- Working on a self imposed deadline
- Turning off the inner editor.
What I learned:
- I need to make time for writing whether that be in the morning or at night. I have to treat writing like a job or a class because I eventually want to make this into a job.
- I need to get my priorities in order. School always comes first, then work, then internship, then leisure activities. I'm always getting things out of order and I need to work hard to put them back together. I always end up forgetting homework and wasting time on the internet. I will turn off the internet (and tv too if necessary) for long periods of time to get all my homework, projects for internships and work done, then do some writing.
- Same goals, but I need to just write and see what comes up as an idea. I should edit later and just have a general idea of where I want the story to go.
- Outlining should be one of my goals. It's not really something I do in depth. I have a general outline, but I need something with concrete scenes that the story has to lead up to. Right now, I don't have that and I think it's really something I need.
So other other Creativity Workshop members and other writers out there:
What are you goals this week? How do you plan to get them done?