October 1, 2010

What's Happenin' October

 First and foremost, my mother's birthday is in 4 days. My birthday is in 26 days. I'll be 22. Egad, my friend was right, after 21 everything goes downhill from there. I mean, no one ever waits until they turn 25. I remember wanting to turn 13, then 16,then 18, then 21, and when those times came, it was a little lackluster. For all the young kids out there, savor your childhood because you can never get it back. You'll find yourself getting nostalgic for the old days, which for me are the great old days of the 90's.

At any rate, I'm going to try to make true on my promise about reading for leisure on the weekends. I'm also going to take Thursdays off to read leisurely too. Classes are going okay. I had a mini crisis because I was behind on some work, but I have the weekend to get caught up. I wrote my first play yesterday too and I'm quite happy about it. When I get my grade, I'll most likely post a lot of my work or at the very least after the quarter is over. I don't want to post it before in case someone sees and thinks that I'm trying to get critiques beforehand (people flipped out about that once and it was very irritating and they didn't even help!.).

As for writing, I will try to spend most of October finishing Sex, Drugs, and Steampunk for Novel Push Initiative, which starts today. I have 6/26 chapters which is a start and I really like where the story is going. During NaNoWriMo, I'll set this aside and work on my untitled contemporary YA. December will be for script writing for IAR the graphic novel edition (this playwriting class is really helping me out a lot). I can't believe this is going to be my last Fall quarter. It's kind of scary and exhilarating at the same time and after that, one more quarter left!

What's happenin' in your October?  





post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails