December 6, 2010

#Reverb10: December 6: Make

December 6: Make.
What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

The last thing I made was a bunk bed fort with the kid that I was babysitting. It says Merry Christmas and The Elf's Workshop and it was made out of construction paper. I also spent about half an hour cutting out Christmas Holly Leaves (twenty six) and all that christmas stuff. It was actually quite fun, but I'm always reserved when meeting new people, so up until the end I was a little shy. I also felt bad for leaving the house a bit of a mess and leaving dishes in the sink. Hopefully they won't mind that too much, but other than that it was pretty fun.

Something I want to make? I really wish I had the time and the energy to make scarves from my friends, but I don't have the time. Actually, I probably do, but they'd be the crappiest scarves ever made. Last year or perhaps the year before, I don't remember when, I learned how to knit. It was an a volunteer event in which we made blankets and scarves for people who lived on the streets. Unfortunately, I didn't learn how to knit at the actual event, but a few weeks afterward. I feel that I'm okay at it, but I never learned how to correct mistakes so now I have a scarf that started out really small and has at least several extra rows of stitching on it. So if I can figure out how to fix mistakes, I'd be in business. I will attempt to do it though, when I get better at it. I'll make all my friends Ravenclaw scarves (if we're still into HP by the time that happens) and if worse comes to worse, I'll be able to knit something for my kids, like little baby booties or something. (That's least 5-10 years down the road.) So the short answer is knitting and/or sewing.





post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails