June 14, 2010

101 in 1001 (Updated and Organized)

Total Goals: 97
Goals Completed: 19
Goals Remaining: 78



Writing (20 Goals)
  1. Finish Book 1 of It's All Relative.  
  2. Write "Letters I'll Never Send" until notebook is full. 
  3. Submit stories to at least 3 literary journals. (0/3)
  4. Submit stories to at least 3 competitions (0/3)
  5. Get a story accepted to a literary journal.
  6. Apply for 3 scholarships a month (1/3)
  7. Win NaNoWriMo for 2010
  8. Write a Screenplay.
  9. Write a musical.
  10. Find a literary agent.
  11. Write a query letter and have it critiqued on a well-known critique blog.  
  12. Self publish a book.
  13. Write 2 sex scenes without fading to black.
  14. Write a new serial web novel. 
  15. Write three first drafts by December 2010. (0/3)
  16. Earn a certificate in Film Writing Certificate.
  17. Earn a certificate in TV Writing Certificate.
  18. Write a series of themed blog posts.(0/4)
  19. Guest post on at least 3 blogs.(0/3)
  20. Have a blog giveaway contest. 
Travel & Experiences (21 Goals)
  1. Go White Water Rafting somewhere other than Kern River.
  2. Go to Colorado. 
  3. Go Kayaking.($63)
  4. Learn to Surf.($64)
  5. Learn to Snorkel.($39)
  6. Hike in Yosemite National Park.
  7. Go to Sea World($69) and San Diego Zoo.($37)
  8. Go Camping in the Wild Animal Park.($139+$37=$176)
  9. Go to Japan.
  10. Go backpacking in Europe.
  11. Go to abroad for a medical/volunteer/humanitarian project.(Nicaragua Sept 12-19)
  12. Take a road trip.
  13. Learn to snowboard.
  14. Go to Azkatraz.
  15. Go to AnimeExpo and see at least 4 panels.
  16. Go to Comic Con and see at least 4 panels.
  17. Go canyoneering.
  18. Go indoor skydiving.
  19. Go Real Skydiving.
  20. Go Cliff Jumping.  
  21. Go Skim Boarding. 
School (9 Goals)
  1. Get a 3.2 g.p.a. or higher (2.8/3.2) by Spring 2010 2011.
  2. Take GRE. Get a 1200.
  3. Get a 3.5 for every quarter from now to graduation!
  4. Apply for graduate schools in Winter 2010.
  5. Pay off half of student loans before starting graduate school.
  6. Get on the Dean's List.
  7. Earn a certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder and Therapy or similar certificate.
  8. Get an B.A. in Creative Writing.   
  9. Get an M.F.A. in Creative Writing. 

Personal (28 Goals)

  1. Draw a comic.
  2. Take a photography class.
  3. Take an art class.
  4. Take a voice acting class.
  5. Possibly get a tattoo.
  6. Join a sorority.
  7. Get Passport renewed.
  8. Make a purse.  
  9. Do a project for Kickstarter.
  10. Make a stop motion animation video.
  11. Make a stop motion video with people.
  12. Do a Habitat For Humanity Project.
  13. Get full character designs of IAR characters.(or draw them myself)
  14. Get a new digital camera.
  15. Train a dog for Pet Therapy program.
  16. Make business cards. 
  17. Design an outfit on Zazzle, buy it, then wear it.(Shoes, Shirt/hoodie)
  18. Take a modeling class. 
  19. Donate $200 to Kiva.org. ($25 to each featured entrepreneur) 
  20. Find a full-time job. 
  21. Cosplay my character. (purple wig, blue contacts, goth lolita costume)
  22. Pay off Credit Cards.
  23. Earn $500 dollars a month through Demand Studios (roughly 33 articles)
  24. Work out 3 days a week for half an hour for one month. 
  25. Go to a Rave. 
  26. Take a make-up artistry class.
  27. Take a dance class. 
  28. Join Taiko club.

Completed (19 Goals)

  1. Update Wardrobe
  2. Volunteer two hours a week (African American Health Institute: March 2010)
  3. Get an medical internship during the summer. (Clinical Care Extender April 2009)
  4. Get a job during the summer.(Playful Beginnings, Inc. April 2009)
  5. Get an apartment/buy a house for the summer/next year.(June 2009/May 2010) 
  6. Plot a story once a month. (Completed Dec 2009)
  7.  Research 3 graduate schools a week (during the weekends) (30/30)
  8. Go to at least 3 fandom conventions and/or festivals.
    1. DickensFest(Feb 2009) 
    2. Comic Con(July 2009) 
    3. DickensFest (Feb 2010) 
    4. Festival of Books (April 2010)
  9. Win a writing competition (scholarships count)
    1. Dr. Prem Reddy Scholarship
    2. Affiliates of UC Riverside Scholarship
  10. Meet a nationally known author. 
    1. Maya Angelou(October 2009) 
    2. Heidi Durrow(February 2010)
    3. John Green and David Levithan (April 2010)
    4. Dolen Valdez-Perkins(May 2010)
  11. Go to at least 2 Nerdfighter gathering.
    1. Hank at the Glendale Library. (Nov 2009)
    2. John at the Los Angeles Festival of Books (April 2010) 
  12. Get ears repierced and another piercing.
  13. Change major to Psychology.(May 2009) 
  14. Get new hairstyle. 
  15. Wear make-up.
  16. Buy a new car. (I had to compromise with my mom to get my car painted. It's as good as new though.)
  17. Go to Las Vegas.(March 2010)
  18. Rent a car.
  19. Go to Happy Hour.  

    13 comments:

    MissA said...

    Whoa, that's a lot of goals. You go girl!

    I'm going to be doin a Habitat for Humanity project this week :)

    I really really want to get a double piercing along with my cartilage.

    I'm so jealous of all the authors you got to meet, especially Maya Angelous (mainly because I've only read her book. I still need to read Wench and the Girl Who Fell From the Sky along wit Paper Towns).

    Have fun in your soroity! I could never do it, I would backtalk to much during the hazing ;)

    Thanks for the blogger university link! (I did a longer comment over at my blog).

    Najela said...

    Ha, ha. It's actually a part of the http://www.dayzeroproject.com/ challenge. I'm not sure how I found it out, but it's really help me put my goals into perspective.

    Let me know how that Habitat project goes. I heard it was really hard.

    I got two piercings in my ear, but they both closed up because I was allergic to the earrings. I might go again and try to get them repierced with some metal I'm not allergic too. The kind I had made my ears burn.

    We have writer's week at our school every February and famous writers come out for that. Angelou came in October for some random reason, but I took my mom to see her for her birthday. Wench and The Girl Who Fell From the Sky are really remarkable reads. I loved them so much. Paper Towns is technically off-color, but the supporting character "Radar" is black and he is so hilarious without being the token black guy.

    I might not actually join the sorority, my mom told me not to so my grades don't slip. I only have one year of school left, I'm not sure if it would be worth my while to do so.

    No problem. I'll check it out and respond.

    *phew* This was a long repsonse. Lol. XD

    Maggie Desmond-O'Brien said...

    I love your list! =) Lots of great stuff on here! Also, I was wondering if you are still able to write a guest post for me, I loved your idea and replied to your email but never heard back. =( Anyway, if you're able, I need it by early tomorrow morning at the latest! Thanks! =)

    Najela said...

    Thanks.

    Oh my. I totally thought I responded to that email, but I guess I must have imagined it. Sorry about that. Yes, I'm in the process of writing it now. What time zone are you in? I'll send it later tonight once it's all edited and what not. I'm so sorry for not responding.

    capriwim said...

    I love this list - good luck with completing it!

    Najela said...

    Thanks.

    MissA said...

    You're so lucky that you have famous writers come and speak to you! Random tidbit: My sister was named after Maya Angelou :)

    I'm thinking of reviewing a John Green book as off color. I've heard that at least all his books have a POC supporting character anyway and he's hilarious so I need to read his books soon.

    Have you taken the modeling class yet? That could be fun. Are you going to update this page as you complete the goals because it'd be fun to see your progress =)

    PS Would you like to be featured in my Blogger Spotlight?

    Najela said...

    One of the perks of being a college students. That's so awesome about your sister. One of my professor's named his daughter Zora Neale and I thought that was the most awesome thing ever.

    You should read John Green. Looking for Alaska was my favorite, but Paper Towns is the best written in my opinion. His supporting characters are POC in every book and his writing is hilarious.

    I took some modeling classes in the past, but it wasn't really age appropriate (it was gear towards 7-10 years old, I was 16/17, lol). I'm definitely going to post them all in separate posts. I had separate posts, but most of the stuff was minor (except for the authors, but my notes were so ridiculously written, I couldn't translate them to the blog) I probably need to put a little progress chart since those things look cool.

    I'd be delighted and honored to be featured in your blogger spotlight. =)

    Najela said...

    Wow, my grammar is so off. XD

    MissA said...

    Awesome! I'll need your email (sorry I can't find it and it's probably right in front of my face)

    I might do something like this my senior year (going into my freshman in college year). Zora Neale is such a pretty name too (there's a MG book coming out about her called Zora and Me).

    Yeah, a progress chart would be interesting to watch. OK I will probably start with Looking for Alaska. I will read it before July is over! *wishful thinking*

    Najela said...

    Cool. My email is ncobb001 at gmail dot com (i don't want to get spam by putting how it's actually written)

    I need to get back to reading middle grade. I already feel like I'm reading outside of my age range with YA, but there are some books that people are raving about that are middle grade.

    Make a 101 list? I wish I would have found out about it when I started college because I could have knocked some of these things out in the past. Oh well, it's fun to have and see the progress chart getting bigger. It's like nanowrimo, except with life. lol

    Lol. I hope you enjoy Looking for Alaska, I can't wait to see your review.

    MissA said...

    Ok I will email you! Understand about the spam :)

    So many books so very very little time.

    Yeah start a 101 list before starting college. Haha life and nanowrimo.

    You're going to have to hold me to getting Looking for Alaska! *hides from TBR pile*

    Najela said...

    Look forward to receiving it. =)

    And more great books keep coming up. I don't think my list will ever shrink.

    No worries, I'll keep a look out for it. Lol. The ever expanding TBR pile.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails